Saturday, July 23, 2011

Update on Supermomdom


*update to a previous post*

I have just been reflecting on how lucky I have been to be a stay at home mom, even if only for a year. My husband and I have recently made the decision for me to go back to work. It's quite bittersweet, but I know that it is for the best! Maybe it will enable me to become a better mother and wife.

My Journey to SuperMomDom



When my little prince was just a couple months old, I had a particular day where i didn't think I was ever going to get it all done. I had laundry that needed to be finished, a room that needed to be cleaned, a husband who needed attention, and a baby who just wanted mommy. I said to my husband, I'm supposed to be good at this, I'm a mom, shouldn't it come naturally. I said I'm the multi-tasker, the one who thrives on stress, and now it just makes me crazy. I told him that I am supposed to be supermom. He very sweetly told me that I wasn't and we moved on. I still had a nagging feeling that I wasn't doing enough. This feeling stuck with me, and I never have really moved on from feeling like I should be supermom.

My amazing husband brought me Mother's Day surprises home from work friday, and with it was something I will forever cherish. This card means the world to me, and I don't think I will ever forget it, and I will forever cherish it! It was just what I needed in my beautifully imperfect life!

It said: 

For My Wife
conquering a heaping pile of laundry...
whipping up a meal in the blink of an eye...
being in two or more places at once (well, almost)...
remembering all the important stuff in our lives...
and still finding the time for a little one-on-one.. 
she's... SUPERMOM

I'm so lucky to be married to a real life superhero like you

this was just amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget