Monday, December 26, 2011

Habits change over the years...

 I have always loved shopping, especially for others. It wasn't something I ever dreaded doing unless I had to find something like a white button down shirt (which you can never find when you NEED one). I enjoy being out around people and that feeling of success when you find a great deal on something really amazing. I was never one to shop online. That is, until this year!This Christmas, I was more about bargains than finding the absolutely perfect gift!


Enter: become.com! Become.com is basically a one-stop search engine for shopping. They have an amazing internal search engine as well as wonderful buyers guides! There's even a coupon section. Become.com has an amazing comparison shopper feature that I have never seen before. Its one of those things where you think "why didn't I think of that?" This feature shows the total price after tax, shipping, and everthing and lets you compare THOSE prices. Amazing, right?

Another thing that I absolutely love about Become.com is actually one of the main reasons that I never shopped online before. I am huge on spending money locally. I believe we should put our money back into the community when we can. With Become.com, we can do this. They have an amazing local shopping feature. Just find the item you want, type in your zip code, and you will see a list of the stores local to you that sell that item. Use this feature to keep money in your community, to test an item before you buy it, and even get it quicker.

Now, it gets fun! Being the mommy to a little boy is getting more and more exciting as the days go by! I realized that it won't be long now until my amazing 15-month-old starts playing sports. As exciting as this is, my wallet isn't so exciting. There will be so much equipment to buy over the years: balls, bats, shoes, cleats, support briefs, clothing, and even band aids. Since I have discovered Become.com, I will be able to even throw in a reward of two in addition to the must-have items. Maybe some fun baseball necklaces for boys!

I even had a really genius idea for become.com. I could help my dad restore his boat by searching " boat seats clearance " This would help him get the boat fixed soon, which means we would be on the lake sooner. FUN FOR ALL! Who knows what I can accomplish when the website does so much multi-tasking for me. I do believe that my new discovery will pay off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget